AVIC411.com

AVIC 140 - Anyone have address location issues

I just got my 140 installed. It seems every address I put in for my area (Florida) it pin [points it some place else. Like 3401 Equestrian Club Rd in Wellington it puts me over on Greenbriar next to the Sheriffs station. 120 Wild Pine Rd pin points me 5 miles away on a different street and lastly

220 S State Road 7 West Palm Beach puts me in the middle of a neighborhood.

I called and spoke with Pioneer and they said they have heard of no problems - I have a new unit being shipped to me for warrenty but just curious if anyone else has heard of this.

The GPS antenna connects on 11 or 12 sats and I have no problem with the tracking of my position so it has nothing to do with the antenna.

• 8 months later...

My wife has this problem often enough that she doesn't want to use it anymore. Last Sunday she was over an hour late to pick someone up at SFO because her 130BT took her to a house in a residential neighborhood in Menlo Park instead of the airport. She also has the problem that sometimes she has to enter an address 3 times before it sticks.

Everything that I can tell checks out. 

I'll never buy another Pioneer.

I just got my 140 installed. It seems every address I put in for my area (Florida) it pin [points it some place else. Like 3401 Equestrian Club Rd in Wellington it puts me over on Greenbriar next to the Sheriffs station. 120 Wild Pine Rd pin points me 5 miles away on a different street and lastly
220 S State Road 7 West Palm Beach puts me in the middle of a neighborhood.

I called and spoke with Pioneer and they said they have heard of no problems - I have a new unit being shipped to me for warrenty but just curious if anyone else has heard of this.

The GPS antenna connects on 11 or 12 sats and I have no problem with the tracking of my position so it has nothing to do with the antenna.

This is a known issue with these units and its been that way sense the 110. The 140 was suppose to address the problem by switching the map vendor from Teleatlas to Navteq but clearly there are still issues. Compared to others these are the worst in-dash navis on the market and I don't recommend anyone buy these units for navi alone.