AVIC411.com

Ok, got a problem here. As it's been brought up before I'm experiancing external noise throgh my amplified spreakers when engine is on or off. A constant low buzzing as well as any other switches used in my truck ( turn sig, defroster, etc..). I know it sounds like a grounding problem but, I also have other speakers hooked up directly to the deck (no external Amp) with no abnormal sounds. Now, I totaly disassembled the deck looking for anything out the ordinary (burnt fuses or whatever) but, I"m not sure where to look. If someone can give me some detailed info at this point, I'd appreciate it. If not I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay $200.00 to have Pioneer fix it. Thanks

Yes, I'm using both and it's been working fine for at least a year with this set up. What had happen was that I was replacing the Heater core in my truck (which involves removing the dash), so when I put everything back togeather, this is when I heard the buzzing noise. Thinking that this was something I did, I pulled the dash back out to make sure I did'nt run any screws into any hot wires, none found. So, I rechecked all gronds for the amps=ok, disconnected the rca cables from the deck and ONLY the signal wire hooked up'ed. When the deck was turned on, I could hear "noise" coming through the Amplified speakers. Now for some strange this should not happen. I belive what's happening is that something is sending an interfearance type current from the deck, through the "signal" wire to active sound at the speakers. Ofcourse, this is amplified when the RCA's are plugged in. Right now I don't have the dash back in the truck, I only have the dash harness hooked up, so that diagnosis can be easer.

is it possible that you turned on the unit with the amps not grounded ... or not grounded properly? if so, there are apparently little fuses inside the unit that short and cause this type of noise. Pioneer usually fixes it in about 2 weeks and I dont recall the cost.