AVIC411.com

Installed it. Phone connected easy enough to the MHL adaptor, but then I never seemed to have much problem syncing the phone to the deck in the first place.

Still nothing after the initial calibration screen on 4.1. Wasn't expecting it to work but had to give it a shot.

I'm confused on all "bluetooth problems." I've got a Galaxy Nexus, but never have any trouble connecting to bluetooth automatically. I leave the bluetooth radio on my phone on, but not connected (gray icon instead of blue). Plug in the MHL cable (on the home screen or in the AppRadio app). The "Apps" button on the AR2 enables. Clicking it, gives me a message about connecting the bluetooth with two options, "BT Settings" (same menu as available by going to Phone > Settings > Connection > clicking -my phone- to connect) and "OK", you just push OK and wait, and after a second the Bluetooth will connect automatically and the AppRadio app on your phone will auto-load and you'll be able to control the touchscreen. You do have to wait 10-15 seconds on average for the AdvancedAppMode to be enabled (by connecting the bluetooth and forcing the phone into landscape mode). But it should connect automatically, without lots of extraneous button presses.

Are there other problems I'm missing?

After this update, when I click on "ok" to connect bluetooth the "Apps" button on the deck doesn't show up. So Bluetooth connects but there's no connection? This is by far the worst piece of electronics I've owned in my entire life. If someone would come and pay me $400 to take it out of my car and I had a replacement waiting, I'd do it without a thought. Such a garbage deck. Nothing but problems.

Are there other problems I'm missing?

On a lot of phones the AppRadio sends a PIN to your phone and asks if that pin is being displayed on the radio to confirm the bluetooth connection. You click on OK and it completes the connection.

The thing is, the PIN isn't even displayed on the AppRadio, just the phone, so it's useless anyway.

To anyone here complaining I have a serious question...is your phone listed as supported?

I know I'm having the same exact BT issues as most here but I also have a Galaxy S3...not a listed device....On my GNex the radio worked great!

This is WHY many OEMs use Apple....One device to develop for...With Android is not lets build it for Android...it's let's built it for android and make it work on as much as possible...

Lets also remember, firmware updates do take time and lab testing.

To anyone here complaining I have a serious question...is your phone listed as supported?

I know I'm having the same exact BT issues as most here but I also have a Galaxy S3...not a listed device....On my GNex the radio worked great!

This is WHY many OEMs use Apple....One device to develop for...With Android is not lets build it for Android...it's let's built it for android and make it work on as much as possible...

Lets also remember, firmware updates do take time and lab testing.

In fairness, Pioneer has a history of crappy support.
  • 3 weeks later...