AVIC411.com

EEK! AppRadio 2- Blank Tuner/No Sound from unit

Hey AVIC411 community, I hope someone can help me since I cannot find anyone that has this same problem.

I just installed my AppRadio 2 in my car with the new firmware 8.17, but I came into a problem after I was trying to test out the e-brake bypass. I came into 3 problems:

1. When I press "Radio" on my AppRadio, the tuner loads, but I end up with a blank template...like all the numbers/stations are missing. It's just a blank radio layout with no numbers/letters. (Please see pic)

2. I discovered that audio went out for everything including calls, iPods, iPhones, App Mode. Nada...

3. AppMode just gives me a blank screen even though I have the app running on my iPhone.

I also had AppRadio Extensions installed on my iPhone and I wondered if that bugged out the software in the AppRadio 2, but I doubt it since I see many users also have it installed. I also tried resetting the unit as well as reupdating the firmware, but with no luck. Also, removed the e-brake bypass and still no go :(

Everything was working before I tried this e-brake bypass...sigh

Please help! :unsure:

post-66547-0-17046300-1342900843_thumb.jpg

The AppEX has nothing to do with it and unless you grounded the wrong wire after attempting the bypass that also should have nothing to do with it. I would just assume you have a defective unit and try and have it replaced with the vendor you bought it from.

Yea I figured AppExt didn't have anything to do with the unit. I was just testing out the "on-off-on" bypass manually before installing a permanent switch. I'm positive I grounded the correct wire since it was clearly labeled parking brake. :mrgreen: Everything was working fine the first time I tried it out, but after I put everything back into my car to install the permanent switch, the unit just stopped working.

I'm just wondering if that new firmware caused it to go haywire. It seems like it's software related. :unsure:

Yea unfortunately I tried that as well. I even left it unplugged for a good hour or so before reattempting. Still no luck. I guess I'm gonna take this as me being unlucky and got a funky unit. -_-

I kinda wished their software was better designed though.

Honestly this is the price you pay for buying through eBay. This certainly could have happened if bought through an authorized dealer but it is likely this was a problem (refurbed) unit that you got advertised as new. This is all to common with eBay merchants when buying high dollar electronics. Remember, you almost always pay the price for going cheap. I do wish you luck however.

Sadly it most likely just needs a good wipe and reflash. But if Pioneer won't give people the tools to do this themselves then your only hope is to get it replaced or dealt with by Pioneer itself.

Agreed! I'm surprised there was no hard reset button like they do with the 1st AppRadio. I figured by the time the 2nd AppRadio came around, most bugs would be resolved. Maybe I should've gotten that AVH-P8400BH instead :mrgreen: . Guess that's the price we pay to be "early" adopters.

Honestly this is the price you pay for buying through eBay. This certainly could have happened if bought through an authorized dealer but it is likely this was a problem (refurbed) unit that you got advertised as new. This is all to common with eBay merchants when buying high dollar electronics. Remember, you almost always pay the price for going cheap. I do wish you luck however.

Sigh yea...lesson learned :oops: Hey, at least this eBay seller was super prompt. Just sent the unit back today and hopefully they will send me a new one fast. Although when I got the first unit, everything was wrapped in plastic and nothing seemed to be opened. Maybe it's just me being naive thinking it's new. Just wondering though, was there any splash animation on the AppRadio 2 when you first turn it on? or was that just the 1st AppRadio?

I now have the same problem....I purchased mine from a local retailer here in town....this is not a freak accident

Also, I read your other post under AppRadio 2 Update and found out you use an Android phone. I have an iPhone 4. Since it happened with you as well, we can at least rule out our phones causing the problems.

Good news is it looks like my problem was different....Everything came up ok this morning after doing a data wipe on my s3....If your problem persists... you may be able to find a local mom and pop stereo shop who is willing to return it for you to pioneer in exhange for a fee. I accidentally pushed my cam RCA connection into the HDMI port (while not looking) splitting the connector. VERY EASILY I MAY ADD SO CAREFULL lol but I brought it to a shop and they sent it to Pioneer and gave me one of theirs for $75. It's worth a try