AVIC411.com

Should I 'upgrade' to SPH-DA100 ?

Hello all,

It's been a while since my last post but, hopeful that you will be able to give me the same good advice.

I currently have installed a F900BT with brake bypass, startup bag message removed, ezrider so I can upload new maps and a couple of gfx mods.

I have already seen the brake bypass and I don't care (at this stage) about my gfx mod so...

The question is, can I disable the 'nag' message and upload maps to the unit as I currently do on my F900BT ?

Many Thanks

Timbo

you cant upload maps to the unit as it uses all maps off of your mobile device, so whichever gps app you choose to use it will use those maps.

dont think you can disable the message, the first startup "ok" you have to push is really annoying

you cant upload maps to the unit as it uses all maps off of your mobile device, so whichever gps app you choose to use it will use those maps.

dont think you can disable the message, the first startup "ok" you have to push is really annoying

It doesn't actually get the maps from your mobile device. The Maps are a limited useage of the normal Google Maps API that are just built into the radio.

Google Maps, Motion X GPS, NavFree, Inrix Traffic, and Extra Mile all pull maps and location from the mobile device and display on the AppRadio screen and UI containers. The AppRadio processes nothing more than what your TV or Stero system would. The processing and data is all powered by your mobile device. The only extra advantage is the AppRadio has a GPS antennae to help boost the signal of your smartphone. When installed properly, it will help ensure direct line of site of a GPS signal. There is a settings option to monitor the connection strength of your GPS options from the AppRadio and Smartphone.

If the AppRadio is tethering the to your mobile device for data it gets into some tricky airspace with the wireless carriers and Pioneer, as well as you the customer trying to manage data caps on your smartphone plan.

Aright true, I 'misspoke' I meant that Maps on the radio isn't using the actual Google Maps app on your phone. It uses the Google Maps API that pioneer built into the AppRadio App on your phone. So for instance, I heard (read) someone wonder what would happen to Google Maps on the AppRadio once iOS 6 drops Google Maps as it's default Maps application. It really shouldn't affect anything, since Pioneer is using the Google Maps API separately

I have the AppRadio I and hate it. I'm going to swap out to a different HU. Pioneer does have new units that are a complete system and can do Apps, this could be ideal (140). I say could, because I do not like their interface. I see Sony is coming out with their version. I'm also looking at units that don't necessarily even use apps. The problem with these systems are you need way to much interaction with your actual phone and it can be a huge distraction. People are going to get into accidents. I'm going to find a very good integrated system that works from the radio and does not require any phone interaction.