AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH, few basic functionality questions

First a little background.

I have this unit in a convertible which at speeds is fairly loud. I have to turn the radio up to compensate for the wind noise at speed however the navigation guidance volume remains at the preset level that I have it set at for top up use. I know I can control the Nav. volume but it is VERY loud if I have it set to top down volume and then use it w/ the top up.

1. Am I forced to manually adjust NAV. guidance volume each time I lower the top? At this price point I'd really assume there is a way to have the nav volume follow the radio volume a bit (IE the louder the radio, the louder the guidance volume). Is ther a work around to this?

2. Is there a nav quick mute button to mute nav guidance if I need to quickly silence it? I know my other cars w/ OEM units have a speaker I can press to mute it instantly.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

HI Dave. The Volume controls for Nav and Phone calls are independent to the music volume. I find that annoying too. IF you get a steering wheel controller installed you can have it mapped to mute all volume or to a certain volume that you set, but its still clunky having all three having a sperate volume control. Its adjustable from the nav screen map if I'm not mistaken. I vaguely remember seeing the setting ability

Thanks. My question wasn't so much about the phone as it was the guidance voice vs. the radio volume. IE I have to turn radio way up w/ top down to hear it but the guidance is still very quiet. If I turn it up to hear w/ top down the next time I drive w/ top up I'll go deaf. Even mid drive if I'm going 80 and i want to hear the guidance I have to turn it quite loud but then when I slow down to say 20 in the city It'll be so damn loud it hurts. I wonder if there is something in the works where the guidance volume will follow the radio volume. Seems very stupid that a radio in this price range doesn't have this feature.

HI Dave. The Volume controls for Nav and Phone calls are independent to the music volume. I find that annoying too. IF you get a steering wheel controller installed you can have it mapped to mute all volume or to a certain volume that you set, but its still clunky having all three having a sperate volume control. Its adjustable from the nav screen map if I'm not mistaken. I vaguely remember seeing the setting ability

One last question. How does this unit determine the route. I have it set to fastest yet most times the route it chooses as the first route is neither the shortest distance or the quickest route. Some routes are only 2 minutes faster and maybe a mile shorter but according the unit they are shorter/faster. So my question is, why aren't those routes before the slower route that is being selected?

Thanks

Dave

Anyone have any idea?

One last question. How does this unit determine the route. I have it set to fastest yet most times the route it chooses as the first route is neither the shortest distance or the quickest route. Some routes are only 2 minutes faster and maybe a mile shorter but according the unit they are shorter/faster. So my question is, why aren't those routes before the slower route that is being selected?

Thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i too think that having seperate vol controls very annoying. i dont even know why they do this. who the hell listens to music at a different level as to hearing the navi directions?

has no one at pioneer own their own units?

after a few months of use, anyone would notices this as a problem.