AVIC411.com

Map Update has bricked my 920

I have an AVIC X920BT and I have purchased the Ebay 2011 maps ect upgrade 2 sd card thing.

When I insert the 1st SD card, it "does it's thing" and then according to the instructions, I remove the SD and insert the second SD. The Update begins and at "17 minutes left" 25%, it reads "an error occurred update failed" and it does nothing.

After letting it sit for a couple hours, I shut everything off, restart the car/device, and I get the splash screen and then it says " Insert Sd card to continue" and when I do, I get a message that says "an error occurred update failed" {retry} and no matter how many times i hit retry, it doesnt do anything.

Basically, the unit is stuck in a mid-firmware-update and somehow needs to be completed in order to get device functioning. As of right now, it is a paperweight. This is very frustrating and would love to see if anyone has encountered this or knows how to restore the device.

I did the whole unplug the battery negative, unplug the device from the harness and fuse ect.... nothing...

Please help