AVIC411.com

Can I use the HDMI port for hard drive with AppRadio 2?

I really want to get the AppRadio 2 but I was hoping there was someway to use a flash drive/hard drive loaded with my music and videos. The thing is, I intend to wire the iPhone cable directly into my car's factory iPod port (how I have my current headunit setup) so I will only be able to use the iPhone connection with my iPhone. Is there any way to use the HDMI port with hard drive so I could store my entire library in my car at all times instead of relying entirely on my iPhone. This is the only dealbreaker with this headunit. As much as I love my iPhone, I would still prefer using a flash drive/harddrive I could keep in my car at all times. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

The previous generation AppRadio can access music and videos from the SD card, right? With AppRadio Plus installed? It's so hard to find info on this with most of it being in French.

I might have to consider the older AppRadio... but I too am interested in the media station. I wonder if it would do album art and track info, etc.