AVIC411.com

Advice on the AVH-8400BT

Hi. I'm new to this forum and joined because I am really hoping one of you guys could help a not very technically minded (but huge lover of gadgets) female. I have recently bought an Audi TT (59 plate) and wanted to install a unit that allowed me to access all music and video files from my ipod/iPhone 3GS and came across the Pioneer system, which looks pretty good. However, having not been able to see and demo it in person, and no retailers seeming to know much about it, I have the following questions that I would like resolved before I go ahead and purchase/fit...

1. My car has existing BOSE speakers which I wish to retain. Am I right in thinking I need to purchase a specific wire to ensure this and which wire would it be?

2. My car has a MFSW which again I wish to retain with the new unit. Am I right in thinking I need to buy another specific wire to ensure this and again, what wire would it be?

3. I have been told mixed stories about whether the iPod/iPhone USB connector I need for the glovebox already comes with the unit or has to be bought additionally. Pioneer write-up seems to give the impression it is an additional purchase but a couple of guys in shops swear the lead I need should already come with the unit...who's right?

4. Advanced App mode...what is the actual benefit of this?! It would be nice to have access to my calendar and photo functions (my car already has bluetooth and a SatNav so not bothered about Contacts or maps) but a guy I spoke to in one of the car audio shops said I could access the calendar and photo functions without the need for an Advanced App mode wire so not sure what benefits I would get from this functionality. If I do go for the Advanced App mode wire, presumably it would be used in place of the other iPod/iPhone USB connector, so I would not need to purchase that as well...? Lastly my iPhone is a 3GS and the Pioneer write-up bangs on about using a 4/4S with Advanced App mode. Will a 3GS work if it has the latest software on i.e. 5?

Sorry for all the questions guys....just struggling a bit to get any consistent answers from all the various in-car entertaintments shops I have been in and know from past experience that these forums are worth their weight in gold so any help with the above would be fantastic!

Thanks 8)