AVIC411.com

Appradio2 Official android connectivity kit

Hey guys, found your site after searching for some help. I have an Appradio2 installed and am using an MHL cable linked to my HTC Evo 3d. i am having problems where during use the screen goes all snowy and cuts out which seem to be a problem with the MHL only delivering a 0.5amp charge, which cant sustain the phones requirements. Does the official kit charge at/more than 1amp as i have spent a fair bit of money so far and dont really want to spunk another £50 up the wall if it wont solve the problem. have any other solutions been found to this as it seems that the principal design of MHL limits the charge to 0.5amp.

any feedback is appreciated.

Stu

...although it's possible that your phone refuses to charge at a higher rate because of the mhl adapter. Some phones won't charge at greater than 500mah when they think that you are using USB. The usual trick of shorting two wires in the cable won't work because they're being used by MHL.

From what I've read Its a feature of Android. The phones limit themselves to 500ma when on usb (or mhl) and allow 1amp on AC. Custom kernals remove this limit and allow the phone to take whatever limit up to 1amp. No idea if this is universal or on a phone to phone basis...

I plan on installing a glitch kernal if and when Pioneer ever allows my Nexus back on the deck.

From what I've read Its a feature of Android. The phones limit themselves to 500ma when on usb (or mhl) and allow 1amp on AC. Custom kernals remove this limit and allow the phone to take whatever limit up to 1amp. No idea if this is universal or on a phone to phone basis...

I plan on installing a glitch kernal if and when Pioneer ever allows my Nexus back on the deck.

USB limits current to 500mA when data is also being transfered. If anything Android would have to override that, which is where the custom kernel comes into play. There is no data transfer via an AC adapter, so it can do 1A plus.

The cable has nothing to do with it. You need to have a better charger. My MHL adapter delivers 800mah to my phone which is just enough to keep it charged if I have a bunch of stuff running.

What adapter do you have? I've got the Pioneer adapter and it blows big time - I need to keep my phone working more than a few hours when the thing is running GPS for me.

USB limits current to 500mA when data is also being transfered. If anything Android would have to override that, which is where the custom kernel comes into play. There is no data transfer via an AC adapter, so it can do 1A plus.

ok cool, seems a solution could be in sight. do i need a rooted phone/ custom rom to use a cusrom kernel? any idea which one would be most suited?

i have done custom roms before but not with andriod and its been a few years since i played around so am a little rusty.