AVIC411.com

F700BT Device number?

I received the 2012 map upgrade card (cnsd-300fm) and it asks for the device number in order to get a password. The instructions on the Pioneer upgrade site say go to settings > hardware. Problem is there is no "hardware" option in system settings or anywhere else that I can find. The only numbers available are "map version" and "version" and neither of those add up to the 16 digit code requested on the upgrade site.

It appears that these instructions are for the 700HD, not the avic-F700BT.

Then of course when I try to download the detailed instructions pdf for my model from their site I get a "file not found" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. One point of note and this is for people that have been forced to use my fixes. If you have had to do the Fromat MBR fix (like I did back when I bought this used unit that was completely bricked) you are loading a copy of someone elses complete avic. I believe this affects your device number now, so numerous poeple all have the same device number.