AVIC411.com

navigation issues...

for some reason on my unit (in map mode) the little arrow that shows your place and direction is always off a little. I always have to go to the settings menu and modify current loc. and adjust the arrow to point in the direction I am traveling. it still shows me where I am at and all but the direction is always off, like if I'm heading north on a street it will go north on that street but it might be pointing southwest.

what do I need to do?

I dont have a brain...LOL

no really i have a D1, not sure what unit he^ has but i have tried setting the installation angles in the menus with no success. now that i think of it the truck i took it out of was parked at a 45* angle of the one I installed it in..hmmm bet it still thinks its installed in the other one, i will try erasing the gps memory(think i saw an option for this)

just wondering did the original poster take the unit out of one car and install in another??

You should be able to get it flat under the carpet or under the seat. Make sure and clear out the learning settings and I bet all your problems go away

yep mine is a N2 :D

thanks for the info I will try it today.

my truck is a 2005 Ford F-250 what is the proper place to put the brain?

I fit mine under the dash, although it is not flat but probably at a 30 degree angle.