AVIC411.com

Losing volume control in App mode??

Hey Folks,

I'm trying to get full ipod control using an avh-8400bt head unit. Basically, all I want to be able to do is plug in my 4s, switch to cover flow mode and use the stereos display to play music. It kinda works, but there is a small issue, well a large issue, in that whenever I connect, I lose all form of volume control. The physical buttons on the unit when pressed show the volume number changing, but do not actually effect the volume, and the buttons on the iphone do nothing. Also, the moment I unplug the cable, the display on the iphone changes to show the volume slider. Plug it back in, and the volume slider vanishes. I'm hoping I have just set something up wrong, as surely volume changes can be made : )

Thanks in advance

Ok, so it turns out on the iphone, you have to specify dock connector instead of the headunit. So thats pretty much sorted. Next question..

Has anyone managed to mirror coverflow, and accurately control it on the head unit. I can display it, but the on unit controls for swiping and things are pretty much backwards. Swiping left goes right, and right goes left. And selecting a track selects a track further up the list. Its something to do with calibration, but i have no idea how to do it. Could also be linked to sbrotator. Any tips?

Also, when playing a music track, pressing the units screen allows some control, but, when playing a video, the same thing gives no control and doesnt seem to do anything. To skip to next video etc, the iphone has to be used or the physical buttons on the unit. Can anyone think why the screen seems to lose its touch capabilities when a video is played?

Thanks

Hi Benguin81,

I have a similar problem as you stated earlier. Though I live in India and have AVH-P8490BT (similar to P8400BH I guess). When in app mode and running Pioneer compatible app (like Aupeo or Livio Radio) I cannot control the volume either from the stereo or iPhone.

You mentioned that you were able to sort of the issue. Can you explain in detail how? Sorry newbie here.

Hey pmsreddy,

I can try : )

Basically, when you have the app running through your stereo, on your iphone double tap the home button. This will bring up the task bar / running apps. Now, swipe right on the task bar to show music controls, and then swipe right again to show the volume slider. When connected to your head unit, you should see a new icon by the volume slider. Press on it, and you will see a list of connected devices. Select the one that isnt currently selected and hopefully your volume will now work

Hope that helps

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your quick reply.

While experimenting today, I found a new way out to control volume while running app radio.

Try this.

Connect your iphone to CD-IU201S cable and select the front source as ipod1. Then press the mode button on the HU to get into AppRadio mode and run your music apps (Aupeo! or carmedia player). Now you can control volume of the apps via HU volume buttons.

Hope that helps.

Let me know.

Reddy