AVIC411.com

Ok guys, here is my story. I bought a truck two days ago from this kid and the truck has a f900bt installed in it. Upon starting the truck it seems to be booting up just fine but then the screen goes black with the "Caution: images may be reversed" warning across the top. After some research on here I find out that it thinks the truck is in reverse and trying to display the image from a non-existent camera. I pull the unit out of the dash to check the wiring, boy what a mess. Several wires have several small pieces of wire spliced together, a combination of butt connectors, crimp on wire nuts, really really poor electrical taping job, some relay wired between the amp wire and the green parking brake wire (looks like they tried to ground the green parking brake wire through it) and just an all out pathetic job.

My problem is I noticed the harness from the radio does not have the pink wire, or the violet wire for the reverse switch, so I am assuming the original harness is long gone and the kid just used one from a non-nav unit. Ok, do I need an original harness or can I make this one work? Should I just replace it? TIA