AVIC411.com

Help - Map Updates? AVIC 900BT

I've had my AVIC 900BT since 2008 and its been a couple years I believe since I've updated the maps. I currently have-

(USA)

Map Version: 02.000400

Version: 3.020100

I would like to update it again but don't want to pay another $120 to update it-

CNSD-300FM

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Map-Upgrades/CNSD-300FM

Is there any other options for me?

Also, I notice this new update CNSD-300FM has update with TomTom, would this change the maps/gps layout completely since the last update was using Tele Atlas database? Be nice to see something different, only if its still user friendly for my wife.

Your Knowledge and time is greatly appreciated.

Brent

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I'm new to all of this.

I have read a lot of the threads in the forums & will continue to do so.

I managed to get into TestMode, found the Map, POI & Speedcam files on my SD Card.

I copied only Colorado files into each folder on my Avic F90BT & there was no problems with that.

I couldn't figure out how to get out of TestMode.

I tried many things including Resetting the radio with the included app in the Utilities file.

That only brought me right back to the TestMode screen.

I eventually turned off my radio & took the SD Card out before it restarted to "regular" mode.

I don't think that was the proper way to exit TestMode.

Could someone please tell me the "proper" way to exit TestMode.

Also, why does my Colorado map still say it's the 2009 or maybe 2008 version instead of 2011 /2012?

It's hard for us new guys to search for stuff as we don't always know the proper terms to search for it in the first place.

I love my Pioneer Avic F90-BT head unit & am trying to do things without asking too many questions-- but sometimes you have to as a veteran to get the answers you're looking for.