AVIC411.com

different way of bypassing avic n1

Your method does work. It was one of the first tested methods out there. It just became a more of a headache and totally surpassed the ability to navigate the address search and moving map while driving or use navgation while your TV or DVD was playing. Thats why someone kept search and found the solder trick. Makes it like the day it was new with the parking brake wire hooked up - but with 2006 updated discs.

Go ahead and rest assured it will work for you. Plus its about $85 cheaper to hook up wires and switches than send it out for a solder job.

agreed. In my case, that method just wouldn't cut it for me because there's nothing like taking a long trip while watching a movie, AND having the AVIC tell you where you need to go. It's perfect! Thank God the N1 was easy to bypass!

well i rarely do travel outside the city in my car. if i do leave town im either flying or renting a car. considering mine is getting pretty old. but i do see the real benifits of soldering. i guesse i just don't feel like opening my unit up. but its good to know that my way will work with the 60 mp disks.

Were there any N1's that didn't need a by-pass?

My AVIC-N1 has been able to play DVD's while using the NAV in memory mode since the day I installed it.

My Alpine before it had to use a brake toggle.

I did the install on my N1 and I know I did nothing special.

:?: Did they add this safety feature after I bought mine?

This is my first post here. I was sent here to learn more about the Pioneer CD-BTB100 and using it with my N1.

I have a brand new TellPhone 5000 BT Hands free sitting here.

From the little I've read, it sounds like I should prob stick with it vs the CD-BTB100. PAC is making a mod for Raytel's TellPhone 5000 (5000vi)

wich will display everything from my handsfree kit on my N1.

:?: Any suggestions?

you don't need any soldering....all this sounds like a helluvalotta trouble to bypass it when instead of using solder you can go to radioshack (or their website) and by a circuit writer pen, and play connect the dots...as easy as just like a white out pen, but conductive....all these switches, methods and what not, sounds like we are trying to reinvent the wheel

• 9 months later...