AVIC411.com

HI there,

I have a avic 920bt and my brother has a avic 930bt.Just wondering if this could be upgraded to 940bt 4.0 and bluetooth 3.24 i think. Some say the lose the voice commands , bluetooth does not function.Is there upgrade worth be done.I dont know much about these things dont want to screw up the units.The last time i did this was 700bt and i purchased this sd on ebay and followed the instructions and copied everything on to the unit and did not fit , ie the maps and upgrade on the sd card was to big.So i screwed up the deck and did not back up the old files , my mistake so the unit was a brick.Just dont want the same thing happening with these ones.

Also do you know how to back up the files on both units and what size micro sd card do i need.Does anyone know what is the highest capacity micro sd card these units can use.I am currently using 8G but want to use 16 or 32G cards.Do these take SDHC or the regular cards.

Any suggestions or links would be great thanks

Oh ya heres a link to ebay to a seller who has sd cards for upgrading to 4.0 940bt software.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MAPS-UPGRADE-PIONEER-AVIC-Z120BT-AVIC-X920BT-TO-AVIC-Z140BH-AVIC-X940BT-/130775009229?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item1e72cc47cd#ht_3196wt_1142

• 4 weeks later...

if you are not buying an official pioneer update, then you are just paying for a copy of the unofficial update which is already available here on the forums, which you can do yourself. If those items on ebay are less than 100 bucks, 100% guaranteed they are not legitimate pioneer updates. They are pirated copies. Most likely they were obtained through this forum.

Yes x920bt and x930bt can be updated to 2012 software and maps (aka x940bt). It includes a BT update which reportedly fixes some issues.