AVIC411.com

Galaxy S3 with app??

hello guys:

I just got my new phone S3 and updated my original z110 is now haced to z140.

would I be able to connect my s3 with the unit to use app like iphone can?

and where can I find the app mode?? I still couldn't find it.

hope someone can be kindly advise me on this, thank you!

Download it from Play Store. Search for Appmode. I never did get it to do anything useful. Not sure why - but I never wanted it anyway. Seems like it only works with some apps.

Pandora and AHA seem to work over BT just using the AV Source buttons - and don't require AppMode support.

Just adding: I don't have an S3 - just an HTC HD2 hacked to run ICS.

Download it from Play Store. Search for Appmode. I never did get it to do anything useful. Not sure why - but I never wanted it anyway. Seems like it only works with some apps.

Pandora and AHA seem to work over BT just using the AV Source buttons - and don't require AppMode support.

Just adding: I don't have an S3 - just an HTC HD2 hacked to run ICS.

Hi Rons

I just searched appmode in my play store, but I can't find the appmode apps. so means no luck for me?

HTC HD2 uses the same andriod, so the play store should be the same I assumed!!

I already uninstalled appmode, but I think you can search for compatible apps from the appmode screen on the phone. The icons appear to link back to Play Store. There are about a dozen. I never did seen anything about what the apps cost - so I assumed the one I downloaded (Waze) was free. Oddly, Play Store always states "free" when it applies - but this time it didn't.

I already uninstalled appmode, but I think you can search for compatible apps from the appmode screen on the phone. The icons appear to link back to Play Store. There are about a dozen. I never did seen anything about what the apps cost - so I assumed the one I downloaded (Waze) was free. Oddly, Play Store always states "free" when it applies - but this time it didn't.

Hi Rons

I am sorry, but I think I do not really understand what you mean.

1. so what's the key word I should search when I am in play store for those apps?? I downloaded WAZE and it's good and still free.

2. I went in my car, checked my APP connection is set under bluetooth under av setting. but how do I start the app mode in my car unit and be able to use the waze via unit?

on the screen, the left side scroll icons I have so far are pandora, aha, ipod, sd, bluetooth audio, am/fm and off, but I dont see APP for me to do bluetooth via my S3 cell phone, so where do I start the BT app over my phone?

thank you so much

Sorry, I think I was wrong about appmode. I was thinking AppRadio. I thought I saw an app on Play Store that needed to be installed on the Android device for the Z140's Advanced App Mode to work. Now I can't find it. So I should butt-out and let someone who has it working explain it.

Sorry, I think I was wrong about appmode. I was thinking AppRadio. I thought I saw an app on Play Store that needed to be installed on the Android device for the Z140's Advanced App Mode to work. Now I can't find it. So I should butt-out and let someone who has it working explain it.

thanks Rons. I think you were referring to AppRadio, too but just couldn't make sure.

s3 with updated 110-140 via pandora and aha are working good. even though aha is really uselss,

that's why I wanted to know if there's any way can do like iphone app that can do app navi on the unit itself.

hope others can give better advises about this.

thank you again!!