AVIC411.com

Upgrading a X920 to X940 with 2012 maps Help

Anyone can let me know how to upgrade my X920 to X940 with 2012 maps or just update the 2012 maps and where I can download all the files I need. This guy I ebay is selling the full up date for $65 and claiming the update will be like the x940 with 2012 maps http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2012-MAPS-UPGRADE-PIONEER-AVIC-Z120BT-AVIC-X920BT-AVIC-Z140BH-AVIC-X940BT-/130775009229

If he as a way of doing it there must me someone on here that can explain how it done.

Thanks

Vpmtlavic,

you must not have read any of the posts in the forum you just posted in, but im going to go easy on you. Go back to the forum, the answer you see is very near.

I saw that "update" on ebay, and suspect it is just a repackaging of the files/method that we developed here. I seriously doubt that is an official, supported pioneer update. I doubt you can even get that at wholesale for that price.

Vpmtlavic,

you must not have read any of the posts in the forum you just posted in, but im going to go easy on you. Go back to the forum, the answer you see is very near.

I saw that "update" on ebay, and suspect it is just a repackaging of the files/method that we developed here. I seriously doubt that is an official, supported pioneer update. I doubt you can even get that at wholesale for that price.

After a couple of hours I figure out how to do the update avic-x920bt to avic-x940bt, sorry for not taking the time to read other the posts before posting this.

My only problem now is I can't get any app mode to work. When I click on app mode I get a black screen with only 5 pioneer icons on the right from top to bottom. It wont show me any of my iPhone apps.