AVIC411.com

strange issue with iphone when connecting via cable

every time i plug in my iphone into the cable for it on the 8400, immediately music on the iphone begins to blast through the car stereo. even if my other ipod is playing, the head unit wont switch sources, so it shows the other ipod still playing whatever, but you hear the iphones music literally out of control through the speakers. if you push mute it does nothing.

when this happens i have to double tap the home button, swipe left to right a few times to get to the volume and output selector. from there i have to tap the output selector and change it from dock connector to avh8400.

also since this started, when listening to pandora in regular mode i have no issues. if i switch to app mode, i have to go and switch the iphone over to dock connecter. the pandora will show on the screen along with the thumb up and thumb down and all the other buttons on the screen. i then have to switch the iphone over to dock connector to get the pandora to play. if while pandora is playing i switch to appmode, theres no more pandora, i have to go back to the iphone and re-select avh 8400, but now the sound is terrible. only the front speakers work and it sounds like amplified walkman speakers. terrible shit. anyone have any ideas?

• 7 months later...

every time i plug in my iphone into the cable for it on the 8400, immediately music on the iphone begins to blast through the car stereo. even if my other ipod is playing, the head unit wont switch sources, so it shows the other ipod still playing whatever, but you hear the iphones music literally out of control through the speakers. if you push mute it does nothing.

Same here, did you find a solution ?