AVIC411.com

Help with a virgin F910BT.....

HI guys,

I am new here, I just signed up.

I searched google for mods for my slow unresponsive unit I have had for 2 years and came across this site and searched through it for hours.

I have never installed a mod before, and I really want to install the Diaftia 3.6 mod package.

The guide in that forum seems self-explanatory.

What I dont understand is how do I upgrade my unit to version 3.0 software which apparently is required for the mod package.

Where do I get it from, and how do I back up my current unit?

Also, i'm not certain if anyone can help, but does the Diaftia mod package work on my Australian unit, or does it not matter?

I really appreciate the time guys!

James

i hope you are a little tech savvy because this stuff can get a little bit tricky. last thing you want to do is brick your unit and not understand on how to fix it. im guessing you have the 2.X firmware? First you need to find the original "testmode.zip" to get you into the windows CE desktop to do a backup of your unit before you do anything (all the links for that file here look like they are dead i'll try to find a working one). The testmode2.3 will not work with the 2.X firmware.

yes it is possible to upgrade to 3 but i want to make sure what firmware you have first. go to your unit right now and find out.

btw found the testmode.zip for the 2.x firmware

http://avic411.com/i...attach_id=10549

1 - unzip the contents of that attachment

2 - Put the two folders contained in that attachment on an SD card.

3 - Put the SD card in the unit and turn it on

4 - Once it has finished the "copying" close the copying window by clicking the X

5 - You have now booted the unit to windows mode.

yup you have v3 already. Make sure you have at least a 4gb SD card and copy the diaftia files on it. You can use the Diaftia mod to boot into windows ce (do not allow the installer do the diaftia mod yet). Exit out of the diaftia installer screen. You will see "computer" or "my computer" on the desktop, open it. Find the icon for the 2gb internal storage of the AVIC and double click it. Go to the "Edit" menu and select "select all". Got back to "edit" menu and select "Copy" (DO NOT SELECT CUT). go back to "my computer" find your SD card icon and double click it.Make a new folder and name it backup or something like that. Open that newly created folder. In the "edit" menu select "paste". The copy will take about 20 mins or so. good luck!