AVIC411.com

A few questions about the AVH-8400BT

Hi Guys,

I have migrated from my First Gen App Radio to the AVH-8400BT(BH for US/Canada) but have a few questions that any current owners might be able to help me with as the manual is crap :

1.) If you have your iPhone or iPod connected and your start your vehicle and the bluetooth auto connects your phone it mutes the iPod (current work around unplug and replug the iPhone or connect iphone after BT connects) my BT Audio is disabled but does anyone know how to prevent this ?

2.) The Clock can it be set to 24 Hour instead of AM/PM

3.) I have tried connecting several external hard drives between 320GB and 1TB (Formatted in FAT32) but it won't pick them up but all Pen drives from 2GB to 64GB work fine, is this because of the power required to drive the External HDD.

4.) There is no mention of firmware updates for this unit, does anyone know if there possibly will be in the future ?

I am waiting on my Cable to check out the advanced app mode so will keep you posted.

Also would be nice for other users of this type of unit to share tweaks, advice etc on it.

Thanks

Robbie