AVIC411.com

iPhone 5 support

Hey guys, this forum was a huge help when I was trying to figure out how to play pandora through my 3GS and charge. I bought the Scoche adapter to fix the charging issue. Also, the only thing I can control (pandora) from the screen is skip and play/pause, all I really need for pandora anyway.

So now I have a iPhone 5 and was wondering if anyone has tried an adapter for the pioneer iPod cable to lightning connector. Your opinions?

Thank you. I tried searching but couldn't find anything on here.

i searched somewhere and saw that it will only charge if connected to a official apple composite av cable w/ lightning adapter... i have a stock pioneer 30 pin av cable with official apple lightning to 30 pin adapter.. i can get audio to play but no charging and video capablities... can someone else chime in to confirm?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, so i got a reply from Pioneer and this is what they said:"thank you for contacting Pioneer Electrionics (USA) Inc.The unit [D3] was not rated for the iPhone 5 and may not work correctly if at all"i might get the apple adapter anyway and try it out.

Did you try it did it work? Updates ?..?.?