AVIC411.com

AVH-P8400 intermittent malfunction with USB power

So this is rather weird. My wife was telling me that the iPod is having this weird issue and wasn't charging when connected via the cable ( the pioneer one for app mode ). So I thought, well maybe the USB got loose, so I pulled the deck out and sure enough, it wasn't the problem. I was playing around with it connecting different devices and finally the iPad connected and got power. Thinking all was good I unplugged the iPad and plugged in a iPod but sure enough the power and connection was gone. I figured it was the cable so I pulled it out and inspected it for slices ( thinking maybe it snagged on the metal ). To make a long story short I checked everything on the cable and it didn't have any issues. So I thought well screw it my Samsung needs to charge so lets throw on the Samsung via USB to Micro USB to charge the phone. Turns out it wouldn't charge, clearly indicating that the problem was in-fact the head unit. Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? I tried to reset it, disconnect power, etc... Nothing helped same problem, same result.

Sounds like your iPod remains on or something and it isn't turning off resulting in the battery draining slowly. The problem I'm having is that when I connect the iPod / iPhone / iPad etc... it will not connect to the Pioneer. Normally a Pioneer screen appears on the iPod but that does not show up. I have called in to Pioneer and unfortunately it appears that the problem is hardware related so it needs to be sent back in.