AVIC411.com
jimmym

P8400 vs. The others

I was pretty much decided on the P8400. But after bigdaddy496s claims of issues, I did some more research. He's not the only one. Additionally, it appears that the P8400 does not support album art the the MP3s are on a USB stick. That is complete crap if it can't display album art when it embedded in the MP3 itself.

Bigdaddy496 suggested the Clarions, but the best non-nav DD unit they have does not support Aux A/V out for a rear screen/sound.

The Kenwood's interface has reports of lagginess. Seen videos of it. At every screen tap, it displays "Please wait" for varying amounts of time.

I'm not a fan of the nav units because I'll never use it. I have a GPS. It also puts limitations on what the unit can do while doing navigation.

So what's a guy to do?

I didnt read all of your post, but fact is it DOES support album artwork from USB, I use it all the time and the artwork works. AVH 8400 is by far the best non-navi deck out there bar none. Nothing comes even close, not alpine, not kenwood, nothing.

I didnt read all of your post, but fact is it DOES support album artwork from USB, I use it all the time and the artwork works. AVH 8400 is by far the best non-navi deck out there bar none. Nothing comes even close, not alpine, not kenwood, nothing.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've still been looking around a bit. DDX719 vs. AVH-P8400BH vs. DDX719, blah blah blah.

Then I figured I could at least check on the Nav Units.

DNX-6190/7190HD, AVIC-Z130/140. Too many options to look at.

I mean I'm not afraid of a $1500 HU if it gets me what I want, but I don't want to spend $1500 if a $400 DDX719 will do.

I just don't want a laggy/locking interface that takes for ever to read a USB/iPod.