AVIC411.com

APP Radio (Music and Phone only)

I'm sure many of us are wondering what do we do with our app radio that is now truly "just a radio" once we've upgraded to an iPhone 5? I thought about keeping my iPhone 4 around and creating a wifi network in my car so I could stream using airplay.. but that's two extra gadgets and doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

However, I found this interesting device and was wondering what others thought (CoolStream).

http://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-docking/dp/B008EL58YA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1352992457&sr=8-6&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+ipod

I'm thinking since the proposition of getting everything working on my Appradio is slim to none at least this would let me use the phone and stream audio which for the most part is all I need the app radio for.

Anyone tried this solution? Do you think it would would work essentially connecting to two bluetooth devices? The AppRadio direct for the phone and this thing for the audio?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

I have an iPhone 5, and am using my old iPhone 3G to connect to the AppRadio at the moment for audio functionality. If I plug in the 3G, I can control it using the iPod controls, but that's only if I leave a warning message up that leaves the control buttons on the left, and I cannot get track listings or anything else. I still have to use the 3G screen to control the selection of artists and albums.

From what I've seen from the interfaces that are currently available, even with the bluetooth adapter the iPhone 5 would be no better than my old 3G.

If I had a spare 4 or 4S laying around, I'd just leave it in the car like I do my 3G and use it as a dedicated peripheral, and use AirPlay if you can get it to work to stream music from your 5. I agree it sucks, but I'm not very hopeful that Pioneer will be able to get the same functionality out of the 5 or its successors without having to replace the whole radio.