AVIC411.com

Using normal iphone USB cable

Has anyone had any success with this with the app radio DA01? I want to know if it's just something I'm doing wrong or is there something wrong with my unit. I've updated all the firmware to the latest.. When I plug in the iPhone via a normal white USB cable because I think the one that came with it has gone bad.. It'll recognize the phone and launch appradio app but then it's just a black screen.. If I hit the apps or ipod buttons on the home screen the appradio just shows a blank black screen. I can play the radio just fine.

The iPhone creates that interface and then sent it to the appradio by video cable, the original appradio cable send both audio and video by the look a like s-video cable, if you use the normal usb cable you'll miss the interface and audio.. that's why you get that black screen.. :? i've soldered one of the cables inside the dock connector of the black appradio cable lol.. :mrgreen:

The iPhone creates that interface and then sent it to the appradio by video cable, the original appradio cable send both audio and video by the look a like s-video cable, if you use the normal usb cable you'll miss the interface and audio.. that's why you get that black screen.. :? i've soldered one of the cables inside the dock connector of the black appradio cable lol.. :mrgreen:

Alright well that makes sense then. I've ordered a replacement off eBay so I guess I'll just have to deal with the radio until that gets here..