AVIC411.com

X930BT bluetooth connection time on boot

I just put an X930BT in my truck yesterday; it replaced a D3. I've been using Slacker Radio on my Android phone for a while now; I use it at work all day and I like to use it in the truck too to stream music over bluetooth. With the D3 and the added on external bluetooth module, the bluetooth would connect with my phone in about 15 seconds after starting the truck; it worked out perfect because by the time Slacker starts up and I select a station to play, the bluetooth pairs and the radio starts playing.

However, the X930BT takes like 25-30 seconds to connect. It works fine and it's not like it makes me not like the unit or anything, it's just more of an inconvenience than anything. Once it connects, streaming audio works fine, skip pause and play work fine, and the phone works great and all of my contacts show up. It just seems to have an unusually long connection time...

Anyone have the same experience? Any way to speed the connection up?

• 3 weeks later...

the reason the connection time is so fast on the D3 is because the bluetooth is handled through an external module, therefor the module can start to power up while the avic is booting.

the reason that the newer avics take so long to connect is because the bluetooth hardware is inside the AVIC, therefor the AVIC needs to fully boot up, before it can load the drivers for its hardware, and SD playback and bluetooth are the last things to get turned on.

so, long story short, no there is not really anything you can do to make you phone connect any faster.