AVIC411.com

940bt install

Im trying to connect My avic 940 harness to an adapter that connects to my cars wiring harness. My wiring harness has a blue antenna wire while the avic harness only has one blue wire for the remote amp control. Does the antenna wire need to be connected to the antenna socket or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks for the help.

The blue wire on the deck is a signal sent FROM the deck to a device like a power antenna or amp. Its not any kind of data signal, its just a low voltage "wake up call".

if you have no amp and no power antenna (like a manual antenna or fixed one) then you dont need to use that wire.

if you have an amp, you wouldnt want to splice that wire to your factory harness/adapter, youd want to splice it into the single wire running to the amp for on/off

if you have an OEM/factory power antenna in your car, connect it to the wire in your factory harness/adapter

if you have BOTH power antenna and an amp, youll want to split the wire to go to both

note its not a power wire, the device (antenna/amp) doesnt use any power on this wire, its just a signal wire telling the amp/antenna to turn on when the deck is turned on.

I currently have an amp in the car and a hidden antenna in the a pillar. The existing radio and my cars wiring harness has two wires one for power antenna relay and one for amp remote start. Based on what you are saying I should combine these two and connect them to the amp remote start on the avic harness.