AVIC411.com

AVIC X940BT with Pioneer GEX-P20HD

I feel like an idiot for asking help on this but I am really at the end of my rope on this. I bought the Pioneer x940bt and since I bypassed it even more. I bought the Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD radio to spice it up a bit and I have no clue on how to install this. I have installed radios before but this was my 1st attempt at a radio like this. The instruction manual for the HD radio did not really help me much and I stopped at this. It says to ground the black wire that comes the hd radio? OK so I take a terminal wire connector and I figured that was done? Why do they even send it with that wire I have to ask, why dont they just remove it or have it come grounded? Then I have the yellow wire which has the fuse in it and then I get stuck. I tried connecting it to the yellow wire on my harness with the wire on the power harness so 3 wires and then grounded all 3. Plugged the Antenna in to the antenna adapter for the radio. The the IP Bus out into the back of my radio. I turn on my car and I get nothing, radio does not even turn on.

What am I doing wrong?!? Can someone please help!

Am I not supposed to the yellow wire to the other 2? Am I only supposed to connect it to the car harness and forget about the power one?

I feel stupid but I really don't want to return it, I feel defeated.

I do not have that exact setup, I have a F90BT and GEX-P10HD but assuming it is similar enough...

On the HD adapter, the black and yellow wires are the ground and power wires respectively and can connect to the same place that they do for the radio.

The IP Bus cable goes from the radio to the HD adapter's "OUT" or "OUTPUT"

Connect the antenna in the car to the HD radio adapter (I used a Y Cable for the antenna and connected it to both the radio and the HD adapter, so that both will work)

If the radio does not work, recheck your wiring for it without the HD Radio adapter connected. If you ground ANY yellow wire, the BEST thing that will happen is it won't work. OR you may blow a fuse in the car, or the radio harness, or blow the device entirely!