AVIC411.com

Bypass problem on Z140BH

I did the bypass on my Z140BH. I put a wire in the pin under the yellow and black wire, grounded it and connected to the parking brake wire. But when I drive, i still cant input an address, and when I try to watch video through the video input, it says that front passenger viewing is not possible. Any ideas?

Ok I'm going crazy here. I moved the mute wire to the pin above it, grounded everything along with the parking break sensor, and I still have no nav or video. I unhooked that method and bought the PAC TR7 adaptor from a local shop, hooked it up, and that didn't work..now that dealer is telling me I need to do both, the moving of the mute wire to a different pin and ground it, and use the TR 7 adaptor...I had my dash open a dozen times the last few days trying to get this to work...this unit is brand new , and someone else told me that moving the mute wire and grounding it no longer works alone that u need the adaptor too..so before I attempt this again, anyone have insight on this, cause I'm sick of screwing with it. Thanks

Never heard of using a PAC TR7 to bypass a Z110/120/130/140. Not saying it can't do it, but I haven't seen it used for that on this forum. Did you see the youtube videos on bypassing the Z140?

Why not do it in software using pionara's "Safe Mode" hack?

I did exactly what was In the you tube video. Didn't work. I will try again and recheck all the connections, but I'm pretty sure when I moved the mute wire it clicked in the harness pretty good..well it felt good anyways..

I'm not familiar with the software hacks but I'll do whatever I need to so it works...dosent matter to me as long as the end result is the same..

Well all is good today. I took the harness out today and removed the mute wire and re seated it back in the harness. It seemed to go in a little further this time and did the trick. Movies and NAV working great now, and no warning message.

Heading to he store to return the TR7 adapter tomorrow...and ill share with the dealer that they don't need to use it, or mabe they just tell people they do need it to make the extra 35 bucks..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the Pioneer Avic Z140BH model. Everything is hooked up right to bypass. Once I start moving above 15 - 20 MPH. An Attention screen pops up. I have no idea why this is happening. I can't find the answer. I know I'm not the only person having this issue. Please help!