AVIC411.com

Upgrade Avic-X1

Hello, i´m spanish.

I´ve the avic X1, N1 europe version´s. I´ve the ipod adaptator and i can`t see the titles like a mp3 disc.

I read that you can upgrade the firmware of the avic N1 to N3, in europe avic X1 to avic X1r-bt.

But i don´t understand how you can do it. i´ve the CDNV-60 maps.

Thank you very much. I suposse that this topic will be very spoken

You can upgrade the software, but if the X1 is like the N1 and the X1rBT is like the N3, then the brain has a little bit of different hardware. You can use the same software, which you're probably already doing, but in order to get that extra ipod support, in North America you have to use an N3 Brain. By the above logic, one would presume that you need a brain unit from the X1-R-Bt in order to have the same degree of ipod functionality.

Is that helpful?

• 1 month later...

I have recently got hold of the CNDV-60M-EW-1-A and 2-A disks (EUROPE). 1A Being the East and 2A being the West, to upgrade me from the 2005 map disks.

The problem i have is that while the East Disk works fine and updates the software on the AVIC-X1R i'm located on the West (ie UK) and when i insert that disk all i get is a blue screen (No maps pulled in?). The menus work fine when i press that button but i cannot navigate to any place.

Can anyone help me please with this problem. Any ideas people?

Also would DVD-R DL disks be better than DVD+R DL ones for use on the AVIC-X1R? The 60M mapping has been burned onto DVD+R DL.