AVIC411.com

AVIC-X1 Typical Blank Screen Problem

Hi guys,

Recently bought a used AVIC-X1. The seller described it as fully working and removed from his vehicle by a mechanic last week. It arrived in its original box with all it's accessories and in pretty good condition. I havent had access to the vehicle it was going to be installed in so I tested it using a 12v power supply.

The unit's screen flips out normally, no noises or any help needed from me but thats as far as it goes. All the buttons are lit up on the top row of the screen and on the facia all are unresponsive apart from the eject button. The little LCD screen between the buttons on the top row of the main screen is blank too.

Some research told me that the ribbon is the most likely culprit so I replaced that this morning but to no avail. The unit is still showing the same symptoms as before. I attempted a repair rather than sending it back as I got it quite a bit cheaper than what other X1s are going for on ebay here in the UK.

Is there anything else I can try before attempting to sell it on to try and recoup some of my money? This year is already off to a bad start for me and this seems to be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for any help :)