AVIC411.com

Having installed head units before, I've never had this problem. When I plug the phone into the adapter, I get random reverse (back up) camera video. It's annoying. I was thinking of hooking up a relay to the reverse lights to throw a ground to the reverse sense and then changing it in the settings to eliminate the possibility of a spurrious voltage on the reverse sense. I have a 2010 Camaro, so I'm thinking it might be the Metra Kit causing it, but I can't be absolutely certain. If anyone has any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What are you using for reverse sense now? The same wire that runs the backup lights? If so, I can see that being an issue. If you're going to use a relay, you probably have the best solution. My backup camera used to come on randomly till I found out I had inadvertently touched the camera icon on the main screen. When I touched it again, my problem was solved.

I was using the reverse sense provided by my Metra 99-3010s install kit for my 2010 Camaro. It seems that the kit has a bug that throws +8 vdc randomly, so it would cause the back-up camera to pop on and off. So I disconnected the kit reverse and created a relay circuit off of the reverse light. Problem fixed.