AVIC411.com

Just some ideas for folks still trying to figure out where to go to get the fully integrated apple-infused radio experience...

This is what I wound up doing (pics attached). It wasn't too hard to do, and I can elaborate on the process if you like. Head unit is a cheap 50 dollar mechless, the cable will go behind the dash when finished, it does have steering wheel control (via steering wheel control to the head unit, and then AVRCP to the ipad mini). This head unit actually sounds better than the old appradio 1 that I had because it ACTUALLY has 4 pre-amp outs to drive my amplified bose system.

I felt bad when I pulled the radio out, but now... I don't regret it :D

P.S. I have an appradio 1 that I'd be willing to sell for cheap now!!ocXIfl.jpg

Only problem is, the dash on the A3 isn't as tall as the VW CC, so if you notice the top is open (unlike the one that soundmanCA made). I had to put the mag-strip on the bottom instead of the top, and I also made slight flanges on the left and right so it in effect snaps into place. +/-, the pain will wear there, but the mini doesn't move at all (and doesn't rattle, most importantly).

I'll post the finished product, and if people care I can post other photos of it while it was in-work.

yes you're right zimmy...not easy....unless you make something that the ipad goes more "rear"/behind

...i mean, you present it behind the dashboard, maybe you can take some more space between wind projectors and warning buttons from the "inside", you know ?

or simply make a kind of adapter that let the ipad mini , i don't know the right word in english, but little inclinate ( diagonal ) but still from the "inside" and not outside as you show it ;)

( esay to write, but to do...i know less easy ;) )