AVIC411.com

Guidance from the pros.....

Hello new to this forum I have a question regarding buying an avic140bh, is it a good radio I hear people bashing it all the time but I've owned pioneers in the past and I think they were some awesome radios also since the new avic 150bh is coming out soon will the avic z140 be able to get that software or is that even possible sorry for being a noob but I feel that this is the best place for answers most people I hear complain don't like the maps and the ui so what do you guys who own it thinks thanks in advance....

if you are considering buying new, given some major changes (new navigation program, new UI) with the new 50's lineup, i would suggest waiting til march/april for the new one if you are going to spend that kind of money.

at the very least, the existing stocks x940/z140 will probably get discounted. There is a remote chance that older units _may_ get some of the ui/nav upgrades when the 2013 map updates come out in early Fall 2013, but that is not a given at this point.