AVIC411.com

z110bt version 1.000 to the newest 2012 map upgrade

ok i have not been on here in a while since i first got my z110bt so im always facaed with roads that arae not available on my nav so im just trying to upgrade it if anyone could help i would appreciate it i know its been repeated and said i just need help from start to finish. i got 2 kids doesnt give me enought time to search for this info so if anyone can help me upgrade my z110bt to the newest map and software upgrade i would appreciate. the version i got is 1.0000 so im way behind

ok i have not been on here in a while since i first got my z110bt so im always facaed with roads that arae not available on my nav so im just trying to upgrade it if anyone could help i would appreciate it i know its been repeated and said i just need help from start to finish. i got 2 kids doesnt give me enought time to search for this info so if anyone can help me upgrade my z110bt to the newest map and software upgrade i would appreciate. the version i got is 1.0000 so im way behind

See Post #1.

http://avic411.com/i...asymethod-beta/

You can ignore pretty much the rest of that thread since it might just confuse you. Many of the posts reference an older - harder method of hacking the softrware (to bypass the password).

Ignore anything about using TestMode (unless you screw-up something and need to recover) and for god's sake don't install HackMode - it has been known to trash your existing files.

Primary screw-up is somehow loosing power to the head-unit while the upgrade is installing. Make sure your battery is charged enough to last at least 30 minutes. Or leave the engine running - or use a trickle charger.

Well yeah I need special help cus I put it on and it went to program it but didn't show like in the pics my naz froze and was almost a brick good thing I restarted the nav ron special help please

I don't have much time today. Maybe someone else can help. Give more information - clearly with detail - what do you mean it didn't do like in the pics? What happens now when you turn it on? I hope you didn't try to install Condi's HackMode.

ok so this is what happened i put in the sd then it went into a black screen kind of when you do a command prompt on a computer and then it said the update was gonna start in 5 s and then nothing .... when i saw that i panicked and turn off the power and ejected the sd card :shock: ... Is the condis hackmode bad?

I'm still not sure where you are now.

0. Were you following the instructions from the link I sent in post #2, or some other method? It makes a huge difference.

1. Can it boot up?

2. If so, does the old software still function? From your description I'd be worried about bricking your unit. You should never turn-off the power in the middle of an update. I guess if you did it before it changed anything you might be OK. That 5 sec warning message thing was to give you a chance to abort if you didn't intend to do this. However, I'm not certain that this upgrade does produce that warning. Maybe pionara can comment. I know other hacks - like Condi's HackMode do this in the installation script. Hackmode is not needed or useful to do this upgrade. And it is dangerous since it has been known to corrupt important files and make the unit inoperable. This forum is full of people asking how to fix their HU after botched HackMode installs.

2. If you weren't installing HackMode, it might of been doing what it is supposed to. I didn't use this method so I'm not sure. These updates take a lot of time. The SD is slow - it could of just been loading a program. Did you get any strange error message that made you panic?

3. Did you try the upgrade again? If so what happens.

o. yes i was following the instructions from the link on the post#2.

1. its booting up seems like nothing was changed..

2. yes old software still functions. thats what im afraid of installing the wrong upgrade and dont want to brick my unit.

2. im so behind i have no idea what hack i was installing just follwing the info on the link. what made me panic was it was taking long and nothing popped up saying upgrade so i figured i did something wrong.

3. i have not too scared to loose my headunit lol. its in my daily driver and its a lifesaver when it comes down to kids last thing i need is to have a car with no stereo that my kids can watch movies in.