AVIC411.com

Not so new guy here in need of Help!!

Z130 upgraded to Z140 will not play streaming YouTube help!

ok folks I've been a very very very long time lurker for starters. this forum has helped me so much over the 10 years i've been using pioneer HU's. so Thanks!

Heres the facts,

- My Z130 is upgraded to the Z140 software and maps

- I have a genuine ipod cable (thanks to you folks for the info)

- Im using an iPhone 4s updated to iOS 6.1

- My Z130 is correctly bypassed

- videos loaded on my iphone play perfectly

- pandora, aha radio, app radio, etc...all work perfectly

- youtube videos work only when played through shazam

- av1 is set to ipod (everything works)

The issue at hand is that after reading what felt like thousands of threads i have yet to find a solution to this issue unless im doing something terribly wrong...

The Problem:

- when i play a movie uploaded on my iPhone and then use my iPhone to open YouTube and play a video it gives me audio but no video but when I play a Youtube video through Shazam using AppRadio it works perfect. whats the deal? any ideas?

Thanks in advance you guys have always been a huge help to me!!!

You're being obnoxious. Welcome to my "ignore list".

I'm being "obnoxious"? Perhaps a look in the mirror will appropriately define that for you seeing as your conceived notion of the definition is incorrect. Didn't your mother teach you if you don't have anything nice to say to keep your mouth shut? And to think I thought this forum was useful yet my first response is from a wannabe cyber bully.

Hi there.

First, you've bumped twice in the same 24 hour period. Proper netiquette is to please be patient so that people can dig up the best answers for you.

Second, starting with beta 4 of iOS6, Apple removed built-in support for YouTube, thus killing AppMode support for YouTube.  Google then provided their own version of the YouTube app (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/04/google-updates-youtube-for-ios-app-adds-ipad-airplay-iphone-5-support/), which I suspect does not have built-in support for AppMode.

Third, according to Pioneer's North American Facebook Timeline, the apps that are compatible with iOS 6.1 at the moment are:

Attention AppRadio Owners running iOS 6.1. The following AppRadio apps are now compatible with more being updated soon.

AppRadio
CarMedia Player
Extra Mile
Navfree
Rdio
StreamsHiFi
EC Touch
gMusic
iGo Primo
Waze

Hope this helps,

Dan