AVIC411.com

Hi!

When we purchased our 2012 Subaru Legacy last August it came with a factory installed x9310bt. Wonderful unit it works great (gps, audio, bluetooth phone an audio). Shortly after purchase I installed the 2012 map upgrade from Navteq. No problem with that either. So I guess now with the update we have a x940 type of system.

However, for the life of me I can't get the AppRadio thing to work. I have a iphone 4s, and connect it to the cable that came with the car. The cable was sealed in with the warranty, car manuals etc so I'm pretty sure it's from Subaru. I've checked with Subaru about the cable, however they can't tell me if it's a 51V cable or not. There is no part# for the cable either.

The cable has the iphone connector on one end and a usb and a audio plug on the other end of the cable. The iphone has ios6. I've updated AppRadio to the latest shown on itunes and the ios just updated last week. So they both must be current versions.

When I plug in the iphone, with the x9310 on, at first the iphone says its charging, then the screen changes (if I'm in the audio section) with a column of small icons along the right side of the Pioneer screen. And that's it. Nothing else happens.

So my questions are:

- has anyone else run across this?

- is the cable that comes with the Subaru factory installed x9310bt the 51V cable?

Thanks for any suggestions?

Hi!

A follow up.

I went and purchased the CD-IU51V cable. While I cannot tell you if electrically if it's different. I can tell you that visually it is different from the one supplied by Subaru with the x9310bt unit. There is a cover for the iphone connector on the 51V cable versus none on the Subaru one. Also the wire that leads down to the usb cable is noticeably larger on the 51V cable as oppossed to the Subaru one.

However when plugged in the same thing happens. The Pioneer screen ends up with a row of small icons along the right hand side and nothing else on the head unit. Does any know if there is a step by step instruction manual on what to do to get AppRadio to work on a 940bt.

Thanks

Hi again!

Thinking that maybe I got unlucky and that there was just a bad install on AppRadio and its compatible apps on my iphone 4s. I deleted them off the 4s and re-installed. No they still don't work, still just the line of icons down the right side of the Pioneer screen.

However, I did note that while the AppRadio thing isn't working. 'Aha' is working fine though it take a reeeeaallly long time for the menus to load with their POIs. Does anyone know if Aha uses bluetooth or the Pioneer cable to load from the Apple? Also the compatible app 'Aupeo' works. I say works in the sense that there is sound coming out of the headunit. Though there is no screen change to indicate that its working visually.

I have no idea at this point what to do. Other than to take it to a sound shop and have them set it up. No fun in that though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OK. I read in another thread (about the 950 not working in App mode) a posting by SXRXNRR, that AppRadio had to be running prior to connecting. I wasn't doing that, so I've done that. And still nothing.

Thinking that I put in a wrong setting somewhere, I did a 'Restore System Setting'. Nope still nothing. I can hear music playing from the ipod, but no visual indication of anything on the headunit. At startup the unit displays 'Pioneer' versus 'Subaru', and I lost my iphone registration which was easily setup but other than that no change.

AVI= ipod

App Mode = wired

iphone 4s ios 6.1.2

appradio 2.0.1

x9310bt with the 2012 map and system update (ie: supposedly a x940bt)

CD-IU51V cable

all connections firmly seated

I tried Pioneer support, however they sent me a copy of the chapter 24 (Using an Ipod) from the headunit's user manual. Not very helpful.

Any suggestions?

Is it true that AppRadio must be running prior to connecting to the headunit? Must the iphone be running AppRadio and connected prior to bootup of the headunit? If anyone has this working can you tell me your settings, and the steps you use to start it up.

Thanks

Hi again!

I installed a new version of AppRadio (v 2.1) last night. Still no luck!

Given the small change in the version number, this must be just a small incremental change. So this says to me that AppRadio must be working on some machines .... otherwise there would be a more substantial change. Does anyone out there have AppRadio working on 930 or 940 type headunit via a iphone 4s (ios 6x)?

I read on another thread here that there is a update coming in the spring to get this working on 950's .... so hopefully this will help me, and others in the same position out.

Thanks