AVIC411.com

Z140BH Handsfree audio volume issue

When I first started using handsfree with my z140BH a few months ago the music audio would fade out whenever I sourced or received a call. This worked with my iPhone 4S and later with my iPhone 5.  It didn't matter if the source was XM, Tuner, iPOD functions, etc., the music audio always became muted when a cellphone call was received or sourced.

When I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 6.0.2 (I think, it was one of those 6.0.x updates prior to 6.1) I could no longer connect my iPhone 5 to my z140BH via Bluetooth.  Needless to say nothing involving the phone operation worked.  Since Pioneer doesn't have a way to easily 'forget' a prior connection I had to perform a factory reset on the head unit.  I had already tried a complete rebuild of the iPhone and that didn't help.  After the factory reset on the head unit the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 5 was completed as before and almost all functions worked as they should.  The only one that doesn't work correctly is the music volume mute when sending or receiving a call.

I've looked throughout the z140BH manual and did not find any reference to the volume muting when a call is received so I don't know exactly what is going on.  I do know that the Bluetooth connection is using the audio profile and not the handsfree or handsfree and audio profile.  I don't remember if this was the case before, but I can't change the profile so it is a moot point at this time.

This is a major problem for it causes me to have to lower the volume when I make or get a call on my cell. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong and if so how to fix my problem?

When I first started using handsfree with my z140BH a few months ago the music audio would fade out whenever I sourced or received a call. This worked with my iPhone 4S and later with my iPhone 5.  It didn't matter if the source was XM, Tuner, iPOD functions, etc., the music audio always became muted when a cellphone call was received or sourced.

When I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 6.0.2 (I think, it was one of those 6.0.x updates prior to 6.1) I could no longer connect my iPhone 5 to my z140BH via Bluetooth.  Needless to say nothing involving the phone operation worked.  Since Pioneer doesn't have a way to easily 'forget' a prior connection I had to perform a factory reset on the head unit.  I had already tried a complete rebuild of the iPhone and that didn't help.  After the factory reset on the head unit the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 5 was completed as before and almost all functions worked as they should.  The only one that doesn't work correctly is the music volume mute when sending or receiving a call.

I've looked throughout the z140BH manual and did not find any reference to the volume muting when a call is received so I don't know exactly what is going on.  I do know that the Bluetooth connection is using the audio profile and not the handsfree or handsfree and audio profile.  I don't remember if this was the case before, but I can't change the profile so it is a moot point at this time.

This is a major problem for it causes me to have to lower the volume when I make or get a call on my cell. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong and if so how to fix my problem?

The reset cleared your previous setting. Go to Setting/AV System Settings/Mute. Make sure it is not "Off".  You can also set the attenuation level to either to All, 10dB, or 20dB. All mutes the audio program, the other two reduce it.

The reset cleared your previous setting. Go to Setting/AV System Settings/Mute. Make sure it is not "Off".  You can also set the attenuation level to either to All, 10dB, or 20dB. All mutes the audio program, the other two reduce it.

Thanks, I knew it had to be there somewhere and just didn't make the connection when I glanced at the settings page and I skipped right over it when looking in the manual.  After reading your reply I checked the manual again and found it.