AVIC411.com

F900BT owner thinking put in an AppRadio...

I will, when everything is restored. I managed to put it in yesterday, trying it out now and just got to wrk after driving half an hour with it. Unfortunately I haven't got the AV-adapter yet, but still can play radio and play with the screen, functions etc. U can never ask too much it seems, today I found out 1. Its a capacitive screen, meaning no gloves while touching. Yes, its cooold season here. 2. It's glossy, oh my it's glossy! Yes ofc I knew, but one never knows what it actually means when installed. Thankfully I have a dark interior so it's ok. Have anyone tried matte screen protector? Just wondering. Today the sun is out and I also got to experience some direct sunlight. The result is somewhat similar to when a plasma screen gets partly direct sun - you just want to pull the shades. The F900's matte screen handled this much better.

Overall the screen is... well slightly better "punch" than the F900, very similar in black levels, but looses in direct sun.

The old GPS antenna works just fine. The old mic works, tried a few calls. Don't know how to compare the different mics.. guess I'm gonna have to make some calls during driving or something.

Can't wait for the AV to arrive :)

Haha the glossiness never bothered me but yeah, a matte screen protector will fix that. Also yeah, about the capacitive, it is designed to be one big iPhone screen. You need capacitive to do multitouch. I would suggest some capacitive friendly gloves. They would also made your day to day phone usage more pleasant since they will work with your iphone as well. 

I can't wait to see the setup once it's finished!