AVIC411.com

I need some help I bought the sph-da02 and I just need to know do I hook the wires up by color and how do I hook up the backup camra.

So far from what I understand the speaker colors go by same color. but it has a factory 8" subwoofer and the manual says bypass the green wires???.

green with white is a brake wire and I am gonna bypass that with a 2 way switch run to one side of switch and ground the other and I can use ground wire from stereo to do that?.

what does the blue/white stripe p.cont hook up to?

and the pink reverse what do I hook it up to the reverse lights? I really wanna hook it up so I can click on the cam and see what is behind me and what ever I am haualing.

yellow to yellow

red to red

black to black

what does swc stand for by the video yellow rca cable connector.

and I dont have the camera yet still on order but I wanna go ahead and get it all connected.

Sorry its been a very long time since I installed a stereo and I have never installed a gps/indash dvd cd player so im kinda lost.

I will answer what i can, but will have to defer the rest to someone cleverer than myself:

1) So far from what I understand the speaker colors go by same color. but it has a factory 8" subwoofer and the manual says bypass the green wires???. -

by far the easiest solution is to buy an ISO connector for your vehicle, this allows you to simply plug in without needing to identify the cables. With regards to the subwoofer the manual suggests that you use the rear speaker channels to power a sub, and i believe this will take a 2ohm load if necessary.

2) green with white is a brake wire and I am gonna bypass that with a 2 way switch run to one side of switch and ground the other and I can use ground wire from stereo to do that?.

I would google "DA02 parking brake" or "DA02 micro bypass" and do some reading, I believe you cant just ground the cable as it requires a pulse rather than a switch. I used a micro bypass cable purchased from ebay as this was a much easier solution for me.

3) what does the blue/white stripe p.cont hook up to?

Blue with white stripe is remote power, used to hook up to an amplifier to signal remote turn on.

4) what does swc stand for by the video yellow rca cable connector.

Im guessing "sub woofer channel" - the rear pre out is supposidly switchable between a full rear signal and a low frequency only sub channel (im having problems with this myself).

Hope this helps,

R.