AVIC411.com

new user here..need some help..AVIC N3

hey guys, i have used the search function, but don't flame me or anything. i am new here just registered today.

the problem is weird, i have the west coast map disk, but i dont have the east coast map disk since i am on east side. the professional who installed the system said he is getting the east coast map disk so i can use it.

but i went ahead and use the west coast map disk. first i put in and it works fine. i can see my area map..however, i took out the cd next to play the dvd movie. then i want to use the map disk again to show my dad. however, this time its weird..it doesnt play anything.

did i do something wrong here? i hope not. i followed the instruction and the manual..i even did the reset.

the map disk is not scratch or anything but it doesnt seem to play at all. i press the nav menu but nothing happens and the screen says "the disk is being checked" and then after a while of waiting..it says "dvd-rom has some problem" ..i was like what the hell, so i played the dvd movie..it works fine..

care to help me out here anyone?? please????

I've never heard of that error message before.. Are you using original DVD discs or were they copies? Sometimes, if they are copies, the brand of disc, or how fast the copy was recorded at, could make the N3 not recognize the disc most of the time.

Please let us know