AVIC411.com

Hi,

i have a Avic F840BT in my Chevrolet Captiva built in.

As we all know , the Avic has a USB and RCA out. However the Captiva also has a built in USB , which is not connected to as it is not the original Navi of Chevrolet.

My question , is it possible to connect both USB ports to a USB Hub behind the Avic somewhere ? would be a shame to leave 1 USB port unused....

Thanks in advance...

It is possible to connect it, its just not assured that it will work. My AVIC has a second port on the back for USB but it only supplies charge, it doesnt actually provide data.

Once you plug  a hub into your data USB port, you may find the hub only supplies data to one port, and the rest of the ports just charge.

Well, before you get too far, just get a USB hub and plug it into the AVIC USB that has been working for you. Once it is plugged in, see if you can plug your phone./thumbdrives into the hub and if they charge, or better yet connect to the AVIC.

I have a x950BH. It has a standard USB cable that carries data and power, and a second port that does power only. Both come out of the AVIC itself, no hubs.