AVIC411.com

I like Waze, especially since it works with iPhone 5 and AR2 setup. But it's sort of clunky and I don't really want all the social crap. So I have been looking at others. I used motion X for a whole but my 1 year expired recently. I hated how I had to use the iPhone to input everything and couldn't quickly swap to a destination on the AR2 itself.

IGo looks pretty sweet because its professionally mapped and the maps are downloaded and updated locally. So if you end up in an out of coverage area, you can still get a map and GPS to navigate without needing a data connection. The downside is it looks costly with a bunch of add ons! Is it accurate to say the Pro $25 version also requires the $35 AR2 add on? I could justify it if it was one time costs and no monthly/yearly, as well as was reliable and easy to use on the fly.

The MYGPS and NavFree look like they are end user updated vs a professional crew and company ensuring the information is accurate. Free is great, but I've had my fair share of dead ends trying to get somewhere I am not familiar with. I hate it when I get to where it takes me and I am no where near the input address.

Does anyone have a good view of what works and doesn't with these Nav apps? I would sorta like to have good direction as to where I should grow roots with my hard earned dollars for a solid GPS solution with my AR2.

I recommend iGo and have been a fan of that software sense the first F series. It is costly if you look at it in a cost per app way but it is very inexpensive if you compare it to any stand alone or in-dash navi. For about a hundred bucks you can have the whole package and it will smoke any stand alone or in-dash navi.