AVIC411.com

Z130BT, no channel separation, i.e sounds "MONO"??

Hi all, our Z130BT sounds great but it seems to be in something like MONO while playing any input, be it FM, SD, Sirius, DVD, etc.

We have a 2011 Buick with 9 Harmon Kardon speakers and songs I know have tracks that span from left to right on other systems sound like they're only coming from the center with The Z130.

When I adjust the balance and fade, the channels separate correctly but all the speakers put out the same sound, i.e. there is no "LEFT", "RIGHT", "FRONT" or
"REAR" separation with songs that I know a guitar, for example, should be coming from the left side and vocals from the right.

Anyone else notice this?

The unit was installed by our GM dealers preferred installer, who I will call shortly.

It had a PAC unit but now has another supplier unit to interface with our GM controls...too many issues with the PAC, which I posted in other threads.

Thanks for any ideas.

I recently installed my z130BT and have no issues with channel separation. Do you have an audio clip that clearly plays different material on each channel? If not, let me know and I can send you some sample MP3 clips.

I don't have any sample mp3's but I know songs where guitar sound comes from left to right, then right to left, for example.
It sounds OK in our other vehicles but with the Z130BT, the guitar sound stays in the center.
If you can post some links to some clips, that would be great, JohnK.

PS you wouldn't happen to be the JohnK from TDT's forums, would you?

It sounds annoying, but here's a quick one (attached).

If you have any old Beatles albums they have a lot of separate channel recording on their songs.

Sounds like your wires are crossed.  If you have one of those specialty"systems, they have "between channel" speakers. If the auto store wired those speakers to the L and R leads from your head unit, they may effectively tie your L and R channels together.  I would suggest you bring it back and have them take another look.  They may have to disconnect the between speakers from your system -- or wire it to one or the other L or R, but not both.

stereoLR.mp3