AVIC411.com

Did 4.01 break Backup Camera Function?

I am stuck with an F900BT and F90BT and I can't get backup camera functionality on either. I've tried this with both units (I know the F900 definitely worked on 3.0), where I've used two different wiring harnesses, and whether the Violet/White wire is run to my reverse trigger or even if I trigger it myself with a direct battery + input, the unit never switches to reverse. Obviously, I've double-checked the camera settings in the menu and turned it off/on to be certain. I have tested it with video running to the backup camera input as well in case that is the issue, and no luck. I do not get a black screen, there's literally no change in unit function when the wire is triggered. Any help or suggestion is appreciated, I'm really stuck now that I see both radios aren't working.

Narrowing down the problem- I went ahead and ran the wiring back to the camera and retested it. I figured out that the camera will automatically come on during the booting of the stereo. Unfortunately, once it's done loading and the map is up, if I want to see the backup camera, I have to manually hit rearview in the AV source menu. Is there a setting I'm missing to get it to automatically switch sources?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue, I plugged a camera directly into the Brown RCA line and received a black screen.  I occasionally get scan lines on the screen and the Reverse trigger won't work either.  If anybody has any advice or is in the Keene, NH area I could definitely use the hand.

AVIC F-700BT 4.01 Version

Pyle PLCM18SC

I would like to remain with this version since the 2.08 isn't compatible with the iPad

• 2 weeks later...

RedEye,

That's good to know.  I did manage to get the trigger working by reversing the polarity.  However, I did notice that the camera occasionally freeze on the Back-Up Camera screen and wouldn't trigger when I placed the car in reverse after the initial start-up.

-Dave