AVIC411.com

X950BH Video Play Back Failing Question

Well I have been enjoying my newly installed unit and until last night all was well. I was playing videos and when the sub directory on the USB thumb drive changed I got the message "videos that can not play will be skipped"! Hum, this thumb drive was used in my X940BT and all the videos played and all are setup exactly the same using Handbrake as per instructions I downloaded from here?

I pulled the drive and the video settings, I.E. size, codec, etc are all the same so I am curious why some play and some do not? Has anyone seen this issue so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Check the manual for the video specs.  I made sure they stayed within the 400x240 aspect ratio and at 1.5MB/sec bit rate and they worked w/o any issues.  I also used Handbrake as well as another transcoding program and kept the output .MP4 files within those specs.  Haven't had video fail yet so far on the X950BH.

To create the videos I used the link from here that showed two screen snapshots of the software Handbrake and the video settings. On my X940 they all played fine, no skipping or sound distortion. I used the same USB thumb drive once I got the new unit installed and some did not play. For example I have a collection of all of ZZ Top's videos and none of them played in the new unit?

I copied all the videos, about 50 to my home PC and ran through them again with Handbrake and the only difference is file size due to video length being different. All are same screen resolution, all are MP4, bit rates are the same, etc. As a matter of fact when running back through the videos with Handbrake, I had the images of the Handbrake settings open so I would not miss anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Some update. Over the past few days I setup another 20 or so videos on the USB thumb drive to the same specs as per the pictures I downloaded from the site here. Some videos played and some did not. I tried the same changes as before such as renaming, re running Handbrake, checking the size, settings, etc to no avail. So this morning after one of the "good" videos finished, one started playing that had previously been by passed!!!??? Whoa, that was strange I thought and checked it and sure enough it was a previously listed "bad" ones.

Any ideas as to why this occured?