AVIC411.com

Hey guys so Ive been posting a bit now that I finally own an Appradio 2 and i just need to let everyone know that I love it. Coupled with a Smartphone this thing can do just about anything. I think pioneer has taken car radio's to a whole new level and I can guarantee you that other manufacturers are taking notes and will soon follow. Its way far from a traditional HU and this thing has tons of potential. I am a Technical Analyst for Dell so to have a HU that can do mostly everything that I need is a blessing and a must!! Yes it has its glitches but I am willing to look past that and have faith that pioneer developers will stay working hard to support and patch all the problems. Overall, I am so happy with my purchase.

Now on to the Firmware news!!!! Ive been having an issue with my contacts disappearing when radio tuner is on so I called pioneer customer service. After 20 minutes I finally got some help, the tech was helpful and knowledgeable. Basically the tech told me that there is going to be a new complete Firmware Update 9.0 coming in late April that will fix this and other known issues I suppose. Also he said that for iPhone 5 users, after the update that we must stay with the CD-IH202 as this will add more functionality(besides power) to the USB lightning cable when connected to the I5. Now all of this is real great news but just speculation.

Hopefully most if not all problems will be resolved, including users that have been experiencing blackout screens and Bluetooth issues. I would love to see more custom backgrounds and maybe some animated ones. I would also like to see some sort of integration with windows 8 phones and more touch screen support. Also hopefully Mike from appradio extentions will be comming out with something to add more touch support for iphone 5 users and maybe with this update it will allow him to do that easier. I wonder what they mean by adding more functionality to the usb cable. Maybe they found a way to make the USB connectivity like the old phones where the usb handles control and the hdmi stays doing video and sound, that would make the connection between the appradio and the phone alot faster and make the touch more responsive. Right now bluetooth handles control and that is why we have no ipod function and why pandora is slow. But they wouldnt take away full sound from hdmi becuase the digital connection is higher quality than the usb so I dont really know what they have up their sleeves but I am very excited to find out.

What would you guys like to see or expect from the new update?

What kind of new functionality do you guys think they will add to the USB?

Can we really take this guys word on all of this or am i getting my hopes up?

What do you guys think?

Well the new unit is getting bluetooth streaming. Our machine has parrot bluetooth as well. It just isn't advertised. If we got bluetooth streaming that would be awesome. We won't, but if we did that would be awesome. Also faster pairing time for the iPhone 5 would be very nice. 

Bluetooth streaming would be awesome!!! I shoulda added that on my wishlist. I dont understand why this is not standard. My mercedes has BT streaming, I can listen to pandora, ipod and youtube without connecting the phone. I love how i can step out of the car, have the misic pause when it lost BT connection and then continue when i get back in the car. Hopefully Appradio add this in the update.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys this should all being taken with a grain of salt until we actually see something. Pioneer never realeses this type of info until there is an official announcement.

That is exactly why I said this was just speculation. Also i wanted to find out what people thought about a new firmware and what they would want to expect. Not once did i ever make it seem like this was set in stone and that we should believe everything pioneer says. Read the thread before you start to talk. I have noticed in many other threads that you are quick to reply without reading the posts carefully.