AVIC411.com

Help With Update

I recently upgraded my older hard drive. I had failed to do the update correctly and garrettoomey had help me fix the hard drive and put the map updates on it. Now what I have noticed is that I do not have the updated loading screen (Refer to this)

Secondly my older hard drive has the factory security features in it(By that I mean when the vehicle is in motion some option are grayed out like putting in a destination). My newer hard drive doesn't. Garrettommey has told me that it has to do with the wires but why is it that it is different for both HDDs. I can't be crazy because we've been on this HDD for about a year or two

The copyright text has been removed from the boot screen.  If you want to add it back, you just need to rename one file in LDAT/BG/COPYRIGHT
Rename CPYDEFAULT.bmp.temp to CPYDEFAULT.bmp (removing .temp).

There is no difference in the 2010 and 2012 system software that will effect the bypass.  Only wiring can make the bypass work or fail.          

The copyright text has been removed from the boot screen.  If you want to add it back, you just need to rename one file in LDAT/BG/COPYRIGHT

Rename CPYDEFAULT.bmp.temp to CPYDEFAULT.bmp (removing .temp).

There is no difference in the 2010 and 2012 system software that will effect the bypass.  Only wiring can make the bypass work or fail.          

The problem is I don't have this:

9pAXiB3.png

I have this still: 

5LMy7TN.png